Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
1. Basic Search
Select your desired index, input your term and select the button. You will retrieve one or multiple words from the title, author, subject or note field. Ex: death penalty
2. Keyword Search
What is a keyword search? A keyword search -- searches all of the fields indexed in the online catalog. You must fill in at least one field. The more words you search for, the smaller and more refined your results list will be. Use the following examples to retrieve titles owned by DSU.
- General Keyword -- artificial intelligence, bioengineering, or no child left behind
- Author Keyword / General Keyword search combined -- Jones & slavery or Beaulieu & SQL
- Library of Congress Call Numbers -- QA76.73* or HD57.7 .E53 2004
- Superintendent of Documents Call Numbers -- Y 1.1/3: 101-9 or ED*
- Library of Congress Catalog Card Number (LCCN) - 98-24943
- ISBN/ISSN Exact Match - 0596007272
3. Power Search
What is a power search? A power search offers multiple search options in the library catalog. You have the ability to use Boolean operators using the drop down menu (and, or, not, xor); truncations (artifi*); collections and media format. Fill in at least one field, select a location and collection or media type. The more words you search for, the smaller and more refined your results list will be.