Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Student Access to Faculty Reserves (Information (Books) and Tutorial)
1. What are Faculty and Library Reserve?
Faculty and Library Reserve materials are located at the Circulation / Reserve desk. These resources are intended for use by DSU students, faculty and staff. Reserve materials are assigned short circulation loan periods to ensure access. In some cases textbooks are assigned overnight use. Media Reserve DVDs and Videos are Library USE Only.
2. Library customers borrowing Faculty / Library Reserve materials are responsible for:
- Reserve materials checked out on their library card.
- Knowing when the items are due, and returning them on time.
- Understanding the Libraries' fine and circulation policies.
3. Circulation loan periods are assigned to ensure access to Reserve materials.
Loan periods are fixed by the computer and cannot be changed.
- Students are notified when the book is due.
- Loan periods:
- 2 hours
- 12 hours
- 24 hours
- 7 days
- Return Reserve materials to the Circulation / Reserve Desk.
- Renewals are allowed
- If the library is closed, materials may be placed in the book drop located outside of the library.
Overdue fines are set to ensure borrowers return material on time.
4. How to locate Faculty Course Reserve?
Select Online Catalog Search
Input a search term e.g. (social work, education, English or music) in General, Title or Subject keyword search box to retrieve library materials