Change of Information Literacy Instruction Policy
“Information literacy is a set of abilities requiring individuals to recognize when information is needed and have the ability to locate, evaluate, and use effectively the needed information.”
Information literate undergraduate and graduate students of Delaware State University will be able to:
- Recognize when information is needed
- Determine the extent of information needed
- Access the information effectively and efficiently
- Evaluate the information and its source critically
- Incorporate selected information into one’s knowledge base
- Use the information effectively to accomplish your specific goal
- Access and use the information ethically and legally
- Understand the economic, legal and social issues in the use of information
It is the basis for lifelong learning.
Faculty Roles and Responsibilities
In collaboration with the librarians, the faculty provides leadership in the planning for information literacy instruction to all students at Delaware State University. The library has provided an online Library Instruction Request Form which can be accessed on the library web page.
Please fill out the form completely and submit to the Reference & Public Services department two weeks before the actual instruction date. A librarian will contact you confirming your request. If there is a schedule conflict, you will be contacted for alternate date(s).