1. How do I find books, journals, DVDs, videos, ebooks and recordings in the library?
2. How do I read a call number?
3. What is the Library of Congress Classification System?
4. Are laptops available for checkout?
- Yes, laptops are available to check out. You must fill out a laptop agreement to check out a laptop to use for a 4 hour block of time within the library. All laptops are renewable.
5. How or where do I find a book once I have the call number?
6. What should I do if I cannot find a book on the shelf?
- Browse the area in case of mis-shelving.
- Check area labeled "Waiting to be shelved".
- Check (OPAC) to determine status of the book (see instructions) Ex. Power Search.
- Report the book lost using the lost book online form or ask Circulation or Reference.
7. Where can I return books after library hours?
- After hours, library material may be returned in the book drop to the left of the entrance.
8. Do I have to come to the library to renew a book?
- No. You are allowed to renew books twice online (see instructions).
- You will not be allowed to renew if you have blocks/fines or overdue books.
9. How to do locate ejournal information about a certain topic or subject?
**Microfiche --Located on the second floor, please see Circulation/Reserves desk for assistance.
10. How can I find a journal?
11. Can Reference, Microform, Delaware, or any Special Collections resource be checked out?
- No. These resources are in-house library use only
12. What if the library does not own what I need?
- You can request a book or journal article from another library. This is called Interlibrary Loan / Resource Sharing (ILL).
- You must submit your request via any electronic database or the online Interlibrary Resource Sharing Database (ILLiad).
13. I am not affiliated with Delaware State University; can I still use the library?
- Anyone may use the library for research or reading; however, you must have a library card to check out library materials.
- Faculty, staff and students from other Delaware colleges and universities with the proper ID card may be granted borrowing privileges.
- Delaware residents 18 and over may also be granted borrowing privileges.
- For Delaware high school seniors, the parent/guardian must be present for signature at time of application.
14. Do you have SPSS software?
- Yes, the software is loaded on the computers located on the 1st floor.
15. Where is the lost and found?
- The Lost and Found area is located at the Circulation Desk.
16. Where can I access the Internet?
- Anywhere in the building, the library is wireless.
17. Is eating or drinking allowed in the library?
- Yes. Both are allowed in designated areas.
18. Can I leave my unsupervised children in the library while I attend classes or do research?
- No. Do not leave your children under the age of 13 years unattended anywhere in the library.
19. Can I access the catalog and periodical databases from my home or office computer?